Angling is one of the few activities that has a very low risk from Coronavirus being an outdoor pursuit it gives participants the opportunity to get away from the stress of the current situation and enjoy the countryside and fresh air. Anglers can ensure their day is completely safe by purchasing permits prior to fishing. Stafford Moor and Anglers Paradise have both introduced contactless policy for obtaining permits. South West Lakes Trust have also got facilities to purchase permits online.
Anglers Paradise – No Contact Policy
Anglers Paradise is continuing to operate as normal at this time. We have an operational plan in place for our customers and staff due to the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We are running a ‘No Contact Policy’. Below are the guidelines we are working to, please adhere to these guidelines. These actions have been taken to protect our customers, guests, staff and business.
- Villas will be deep cleaned and sanitised before your arrival.
- Villa bookings must check-in by phone the day before arrival between 09:00 and 17:00.
- At check-in you must pay for your fishing by card. You will be asked for your vehicle registration number.
- Specimen Lakes, Night Fishing and Day Ticket lakes must be booked over the phone and paid for in advance by card. (There will be no toilet or washing facilities available for day ticket anglers).
- On your arrival your Villa will be unlocked and your key will be left inside. Your complimentary bottle of wine will be waiting for you.
- Supermarket deliveries (and all other customer deliveries) must be met in the forest car park. (Sign posted).
- Bar, Bistro will be closed but orders can still be delivered to the Villa. Details on how to use this service will be provided in the Villa.
- The Laundrette will also be closed.
- Tackle shop will also be closed however purchases can be phoned through and delivered to the Villa within 1 hour.
- During this high risk time the swimming pool facilities will be CLOSED.
- Please bring with you anti-bacterial soap/sanitiser and bleach based spray for handles and surfaces
- As there has been panic purchasing of toilet tissue we can only supply a limited amount to each Villa so it may be advisable to bring extra.
- If you or any of your party feels unwell as described by the government guidelines, it must be reported to reception by phone so we can set the necessary procedures in action.
- Please only mingle between your own booking party and use common sense when socialising around villas and lakes.
- Urgent villa maintenance will be carried out by our staff, please respect the guidelines regarding contact and cleanliness; ideally vacate the villa whilst our operatives are in attendance. Non-urgent maintenance will be attended to following your departure. To report villa maintenance please ring the office on 01409 221559 between the hours 9am & 5pm.
- We reserve the right to change your accommodation with no notice given. If this occurs it will be in the best interest of our customers.
- In the event of you not being able to fulfil your holiday directly due to the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, you should contact your insurer for greater clarification, we have recommended that everyone take out holiday insurance please refer to Clause 6 of the terms and conditions of booking.
- Day ticket anglers must book in advance by phone and pay by card.
If the Government Response changes then we will react accordingly.
Stafford Moor – No Contact Policy
At Stafford Moor they are also implementing a no contact policy regarding the Coronavirus. We are not currently closed we are open as usual but have a couple of extra precautions in place.
We as you know are quiet hot with general hygiene here in the toilets /showers but we are cleaning/sanitising more than normal plus door handles /counter ect.
Specimen / pleasure anglers you can pre pay for your ticket by calling the shop on 01805804360 then you can arrive /dip your equipment then go to the bank. If you need any tackle and don’t wish to visit the shop you can again call me and pay over the phone and Paul will deliver your items for you to your peg/swim.
Lodge guests can arrive as usual, again if you wish to not enter the shop on arrival your key will be in your lodge door for you once we have arranged your arrival time , you can then enjoy your holiday as usual , please bring enough food for your stay then you can still go for walks on site /fish as normal.
Our matches here start at Easter so I will keep you updated with any changes here.