REPORTING POLLUTION INCIDENTS TO THE EA
Anglers are reminded that reporting incidents to the EA is an individual responsibility. It is particularly important in times of drought or low flows.
If you come across an incident that includes any of the following:
- damage or danger to the natural environment
- pollution to water or land
- poaching or illegal fishing
- dead fish or fish gasping for air
- main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
- flooding from any river, stream, canal, natural spring or the sea
- illegal removals from watercourses
- unusual changes in river flow
- collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks
You should call the EA Incident Hotline on: 0800 807060 – without delay. Time may be of the essence.
Your report will be made in complete confidence. Save the number into your mobile phone and pass it on to others.
If you make a call to this number it is recorded and the EA are duty bound to act on it. Do not hesitate or prevaricate.